Friday, May 28, 2010

Weathering Wanderlust II - Seychelles

















Ahhh...the Seychelles Islands. The Seychelles have been a longtime tropical fantasy for me. Located off the east coast of Africa in the Indian Ocean, Seychelles is comprised of 115 islands. In addition to the main island of Mahé (which I hear boasts lots of fun, tourist-y things like bars, restaurants & shopping), there are 16 other islands that offer rest and respite for the visiting traveler.


Everything I've read about the Seychelles Islands just screams (or rather whispers softly in your ear) romance. From the many secluded spots on island beaches to the enchanting acommodations to the intimate restaurants -- all of these elements would make for the perfect quixotic getaway for my husband and me. The boys would definitely have to stay home for this one!

I close my eyes, and I almost feel the year-round warmth of the Seychelles sun...

No comments:

Post a Comment