Monday, September 20, 2010

Out of the Mouths of Babes...

If you're a parent, no doubt you have uttered the words, "When did he/she get so big?" It's amazing how quickly time passes when you have children. Every day they seem to be achieving a new milestone...my Big Guy is in first grade, and I could have sworn I just gave birth about a week ago. And my Little Guy? I don't even know when he got here!

The time passes so quickly, I need to slow down and start savoring these little people. On a daily basis, they crack me up with some of the comments they make and conversations they have with each other and me. I really need to start writing everything they say down -- they will be mortifying memories in high school, but they will love it when they get older...or at least their wives will!

Here is just a sampling of gems -- one day in the life of the Big Guy:

  • "Can I wear my Manchester United jersey to my First Holy Communion?"
  • Getting ready for CCD: "God school is fun!"
  • As we are driving to my dad's birthday dinner: "So, how old is Papa now? One hundred?"
  • Looking at his new winter coat: "Wow!! That is brilliant!"

No comments:

Post a Comment